Why travel to the Arctic?
Isolated by the most extreme and unimaginable winters, the Arctic remains one of planet earth’s unspoilt wildernesses. Home to polar bears, whales and arctic foxes, the Arctic’s extremes will captivate even the most seasoned traveller.
The Arctic is actually the name of the ocean, but this region is often thought of as a country in itself! It is largely covered by gigantic areas of thick ice, with a permanent population of around 4 million. This enormous landscape covers at least eight countries across the world; including the US, Canada, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Greenland, Finland and Sweden.
A pristine landscape of mighty peaks and glacial giants, littered with countless wildlife species and rich Inuit culture. A breath-taking destination where the peace, clarity and vivid colours will leave you speechless. Bathed in daylight for the summer period, you will experience the most pristine environment you can imagine. Take your pick from a picturesque cruise through the Arctic Ocean to an adventurous sailing direct to the North pole.
Experiences galore await our intrepid travellers! Explore the intriguing Inuit culture, learning of their traditional hunting and fishing techniques. Kayak through the ice-strewn waters, or simply stare at the magnificent glaciers in all of their glory!
- Jewel of the Russian Far East
Explore the vast wilderness of the remote eastern coast of Russia
- Discover the Chukotka, Koryak and Kamchatka coastline
- Two days exploring the wildlife-rich Commander Islands
- Travel in a small expedition vessel
- Classic Northwest Passage & Baffin Island
In-depth exploration of Canada's Arctic and Baffin Island region
- Outstanding wildlife observation on shore, on zodiac cruises and from the ship
- Historic locations of early Arctic exploration
- Cultural interaction and understanding through visits to remote Inuit communities
- Scotland, Faroe Islands & Iceland
Natural wonders, superb wildlife, unique culture & fascinating history
- Explore the stunning coast lines of some of the most remote islands in Europe
- Visit some of the world’s rarest bird colonies alongside expert ornithologists
- Immerse yourself in the ancient Nordic culture and Gaelic history
- High Arctic Odyssey: Remote Russian Archipelagos
Explore the most enigmatic and extreme regions of the Russian High Arctic
- Experience a true expedition as we explore rarely visited Severnaya Zemlya
- Encounter iconic Arctic wildlife, such as Polar bears, walrus and seabirds
- Explore glaciated Novaya Zemlya, where the earliest Arctic explorers overwintered