Why travel to the Arctic?
Isolated by the most extreme and unimaginable winters, the Arctic remains one of planet earth’s unspoilt wildernesses. Home to polar bears, whales and arctic foxes, the Arctic’s extremes will captivate even the most seasoned traveller.
The Arctic is actually the name of the ocean, but this region is often thought of as a country in itself! It is largely covered by gigantic areas of thick ice, with a permanent population of around 4 million. This enormous landscape covers at least eight countries across the world; including the US, Canada, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Greenland, Finland and Sweden.
A pristine landscape of mighty peaks and glacial giants, littered with countless wildlife species and rich Inuit culture. A breath-taking destination where the peace, clarity and vivid colours will leave you speechless. Bathed in daylight for the summer period, you will experience the most pristine environment you can imagine. Take your pick from a picturesque cruise through the Arctic Ocean to an adventurous sailing direct to the North pole.
Experiences galore await our intrepid travellers! Explore the intriguing Inuit culture, learning of their traditional hunting and fishing techniques. Kayak through the ice-strewn waters, or simply stare at the magnificent glaciers in all of their glory!
- Antarctica: Highlights of a Frozen Continent (Hurtigruten)
Get ready for a rare adventure! From Ushuaia you cross the Drake Passage and sail on to an unforgettable exploration...
- Essential Greenland: Southern Coasts and Disko Bay
From abandoned Arctic ghost towns, to snow-capped mountains and colourful Arctic tundra, this expedition of Greenland is the perfect mix...
- Discover the history of Greenland with explorations of the ruins of ancient Thule settlements and...
- Experience how this incredible environment is ever-changing while cruising through freshly birthed icebergs in Scoresbysund.
- Cruise between the mountains of Skjoldungen to view glaciers deep within the fjords surrounding this...
- East Greenland and Iceland Northern Lights
An Arctic expedition through East Greenland and Iceland is the perfect opportunity to mix nature and culture. From the spectacular...
- Witness inspiring vistas of mountains, fjords and towering cliffs of the Westfjords.
- Sail through the icebergs of Scoresbysund, arguably the most beautiful fjord system on the planet.
- Explore the remains of ancient Thule settlements in Frederiksdal and Sydkap.
- Arctic Express: Greenland’s Northern Lights – Fly North, Fly South
Love to experience the natural wonders of Eastern Greenland but short on time? This here’s your trip. Starting and finishing...
- Cruise through Scoresbysund, the world's largest fjord system
- Hiking across Ella Island's wild tundra
- The colourful scene of Brogetdal, the 'multi-coloured valley'