Its neighbour might have the name, but Greenland is the true land of ice. Join an epic adventure to the extremes of Europe and discover a world of endless glaciers and glistening icebergs. Cruise from Akureyri around the southern tip of the world’s largest non-continent island and land at the abandoned settlement of Skoldungen, kayak silently between icebergs, and soak in the steaming hot springs of Uunartoq. You’ll meet the locals in small Greenlandic villages, discover 4,000-year-old history, and take Zodiacs to cruise deep into fjords and get close to glaciers creating icebergs. Beginning and ending in Iceland, this trip is the best way to sample this beautiful and dramatic country.
Greenland Valleys and Fjords
- Meet locals along the west coast of Greenland and explore traditional Inuit settlements
- Soak in the geothermal hot springs at Uunartoq while icebergs float by
- Visit the dramatic landscape of Tasermiut fjord, known as ‘arctic Patagonia’
- Admire the fast moving glacier at Ilulissat, a UNESCO world heritage site
- Hike the tundra in the shadow of the towering mountains of Evighedsfjorden
- 14 breakfasts
- 11 lunches
- 12 dinners
- Dates & Prices►Close tab
- Flight inclusive click to switch Land only
From To Price Book 7 August 2018 21 August 2018 £10,660 Book 7 August 2018 21 August 2018 £9,820 Book 7 August 2018 21 August 2018 £7,000 Book 7 August 2018 21 August 2018 £8,050 Book 7 August 2018 21 August 2018 £8,210 Book 7 August 2018 21 August 2018 £8,980 Book 7 August 2018 21 August 2018 £8,800 Book 7 August 2018 21 August 2018 £9,600 Book 15 August 2019 29 August 2019 £7,750 Book 15 August 2019 29 August 2019 £9,990 Book 15 August 2019 29 August 2019 £8,450 Book 15 August 2019 29 August 2019 £9,220 Book 15 August 2019 29 August 2019 £7,340 Book 15 August 2019 29 August 2019 £6,400 Book 15 August 2019 29 August 2019 £6,780 Book 15 August 2019 29 August 2019 £7,980 Book PLEASE CALL OUR EXPERT TEAM FOR FLIGHT-INCLUSIVE OPTIONS
- Itinerary►Close tab
- Gallery►Close tab
- FAQs►Close tab
- How do I make a booking?
- When you find a holiday you love you can either make a booking request on our website or contact a member of our team and we will do this over the phone with you. Click on the 'Dates / Prices' tab, select a date and away you go!
- What happens when I make a booking online?
- All of your details come through to our Travel and Experience Consultants who will personally reserve you a place on the trip. We will then contact you over the telephone to take payment for the trip and to discuss your flight options.
- Are flights included?
- If you have selected a 'flight inclusive' option then the price you see includes flights from London. If you would prefer a regional departure then our team will talk you through the options available to you. Please note that regional departures often involve a price supplement.
- Can I book my own flights?
- Yes of course. If you would prefer to book your own flights then we would advise that you do not do this until you have spoken to our team and confirmed your booking. Escorted tour departures will require you to be at the 'meeting point' to start your tour at a specific time. Your flights will need to get you there for this time.
- I like one of your trips but want to change something. Can i?
- If you wish to change any parts of our trips then please contact a member of our team. Our details are on the 'Contact Us' page. Our Travel and Experience Consultants will devise a personal itinerary to meet your requirements.
- I am going on an escorted tour but would like to stay a few extra nights. Can you arrange this?
- Yes we can arrange for extensions and pre/post tour hotels. Please talk to our Travel and Experience Consultants to outline your requirements.
- What paperwork will I get?
- You will receive an initial email from We Are Travel to thank you for booking with us. You will then receive your booking confirmation from our head office which will contain the details of your trip. You can contact us at anytime if you have any concerns.
- Are you ABTA registered?
- Yes we are. Our ABTA registration is P7213 as 'We Are Travel'.
- I am a solo traveller. Will I have to share a room?
- All of our prices are based on a 'room share' basis. this will be with a like-minded traveller of the same sex. If you would prefer to have your own room then please contact a member of our team or indicate this on your booking form. We will then confirm whether this is available and if there is a single supplement.
- your website says that 'flight inclusive' trips are not available. Does this mean that I have to book my own flight?
- We can still book your flights for you. This means that the tour does not include 'group flights'. Just contact a member of our team and they will talk you through the options.