Join Intrepid on an unforgettable adventure to Spitsbergen, an Arctic playground found halfway between mainland Norway and the North Pole. Located within the Svalbard Archipelago, this far-flung destination offers more than just a spectacular assortment of glaciers, cliffs and peaks – also spot wildlife such as bearded seals, walruses, Arctic fox and pink-footed geese. The mighty polar bear, however, is the star the show, and even if one doesn’t appear, the anticipation gives the expedition an exciting edge. With onboard experts providing context and insight, and ample time time to make use of the kayaks and snowshoes provided, Arctic Unveiled is an adventure that will check all the right boxes for any lover of Arctic exploration.
- Soak up the awe-inspiring landscapes of Spitsbergen, from the quirky northernmost city of Longyearbyen to the dazzling marvels of nature like the ‘14th July Glacier’
- Embrace the strange novelty of 24 hours of sunlight, one of many bonus thrills of arctic life
- Comb sheet after sheet of ice in search of the true king of the Arctic – the magnificent polar bear
- Arctic foxes, breaching whales, reclining walruses, and soaring seabirds on the cliffs of Alkefjellet are all a strong chance for sightings
- Experience the island from more than one angle, with kayaks and snowshoes provided for you to use as you please
- 6 breakfasts
- 5 lunches
- 6 dinners
- Dates & Prices►Close tab
- Flight inclusive click to switch Land only
From To Price Book 23 June 2019 30 June 2019 £4,385 Book 23 June 2019 30 June 2019 £3,503 Book 23 June 2019 30 June 2019 £3,986 Book 23 June 2019 30 June 2019 £3,020 Book 23 June 2019 30 June 2019 £3,305 Book 23 June 2019 30 June 2019 £4,347 Book PLEASE CALL OUR EXPERT TEAM FOR FLIGHT-INCLUSIVE OPTIONS
- Itinerary►Close tab
- FAQs►Close tab
- How do I make a booking?
- When you find a holiday you love you can either make a booking request on our website or contact a member of our team and we will do this over the phone with you. Click on the 'Dates / Prices' tab, select a date and away you go!
- What happens when I make a booking online?
- All of your details come through to our Travel and Experience Consultants who will personally reserve you a place on the trip. We will then contact you over the telephone to take payment for the trip and to discuss your flight options.
- Are flights included?
- If you have selected a 'flight inclusive' option then the price you see includes flights from London. If you would prefer a regional departure then our team will talk you through the options available to you. Please note that regional departures often involve a price supplement.
- Can I book my own flights?
- Yes of course. If you would prefer to book your own flights then we would advise that you do not do this until you have spoken to our team and confirmed your booking. Escorted tour departures will require you to be at the 'meeting point' to start your tour at a specific time. Your flights will need to get you there for this time.
- I like one of your trips but want to change something. Can i?
- If you wish to change any parts of our trips then please contact a member of our team. Our details are on the 'Contact Us' page. Our Travel and Experience Consultants will devise a personal itinerary to meet your requirements.
- I am going on an escorted tour but would like to stay a few extra nights. Can you arrange this?
- Yes we can arrange for extensions and pre/post tour hotels. Please talk to our Travel and Experience Consultants to outline your requirements.
- What paperwork will I get?
- You will receive an initial email from We Are Travel to thank you for booking with us. You will then receive your booking confirmation from our head office which will contain the details of your trip. You can contact us at anytime if you have any concerns.
- Are you ABTA registered?
- Yes we are. Our ABTA registration is P7213 as 'We Are Travel'.
- I am a solo traveller. Will I have to share a room?
- All of our prices are based on a 'room share' basis. this will be with a like-minded traveller of the same sex. If you would prefer to have your own room then please contact a member of our team or indicate this on your booking form. We will then confirm whether this is available and if there is a single supplement.
- your website says that 'flight inclusive' trips are not available. Does this mean that I have to book my own flight?
- We can still book your flights for you. This means that the tour does not include 'group flights'. Just contact a member of our team and they will talk you through the options.