Transylvania is without question the country’s most recognised region, and the infamous Count Dracula is its most famous resident! Spend a few days here to delve in to the myths and history of the region. Explore ‘Dracula’s Castle’, then head in to the countryside to look for bears and to try your hand at some winter activities.
Once you’re done exploring the countryside, mountains and medieval villages, its time to experience the capital city of Bucharest. Hear about the Ceaușescu regime and star at the glaringly huge palace which he built.
- Headwater – Transylvania and the Carpathian Mountains
Explore fairytale castles and traditional churches
- Beautiful fairytale castles and traditional churches - such as the royal summer...
- Opportunities to experience the region's rich and varied flora and fauna - ...
- Walk the high Bucegi Plateau and the stunning Prapastiile Zarnestilor gorge, used...
- Cycle Romania
Cycle through the ancient villages and isolated landscapes of Romania
- Cycle through ancient villages and isolated landscapes
- Visit UNESCO citadels and fortified churches
- Experience mediaeval Transylvania and modern Bucharest
- Carpathian Walking & Bears
Explore Romania's majestic mountains and rustic villages looking for Brown bears
- See Brown bears from a hide
- Discover one of the last remaining wilderness areas in Europe
- Have a unique opportunity to observe a great variety of wildlife in its natural environment
- Budapest to Bucharest
From the beautiful Baroque churches of Budapest to the haunted castles of Transylvania, this ten-day journey across Hungary and Romania...
- Sample the famous Hungarian 'bulls blood' in Eger, the wine that supposedly gave the Hungarian...
- Experience peasant life on a full-day tour through the countryside of Maramures, Romania's most traditional...
- Learn spooky stories while travelling through beautiful Transylvania, famous for its medieval fortified churches and...