From the slow-paced, siesta-driven capital city of Lisbon to the vineyards and volcanoes of the Azores you can pick a perfect mix of activity and relaxation in this diverse country.
Try wine tasting and walking through rural Portugal in the UNESCO World Heritage Douro Valley, or explore the vibrant atmosphere of Porto! Walk through the botanical paradise of Madeira and marvel at the stunning coastal views on offer. Walking, cycling … or just sitting, this is a beautiful country to experience!
- Self-Guided Cycling in the Douro Valley
Enjoy historical villages, the River Douro and some of the world's finest wine
- World-class wines of the Douro Valley
- Guided visit and wine tasting (3 wines) at Quinta do Tedo
- Delicious cuisine, prepared with local and seasonal produce
- Headwater – Self-Guided Walking the Algarve’s South West
Discover the South-West corner of the Algarve on our self-guided walk following coastal footpaths and inland trails.
- Discover Europe's most southwesterly point at Cabo de Sao Vicente
- Excellent for bird-spotting throughout the year
- Beautiful beaches and picturesque harbours
- Algarve Coast and Countryside Cycling
Explore the unspoilt wild coastlines, pretty white villages and deserted cycling routes of the Algarve.
- Visit Cabo de Sao Vicente, Europe's most south-westerly point known as the 'Sacred Promontory'
- Bird-spotter's paradise; endemic and migratory species from Europe and North Africa
- Superb variety of hotels, all with pools and great regional cuisine
- Headwater – Marvels of Madeira Self Guided Walk
Journey from the North to the South of Madeira walking through magnificent mountain scenery and along stunning coastal paths
- Stunning coastal trails and flower-lined levada walks
- Friendly, good quality hotels, with swimming pools
- Time to explore bustling Funchal