From the slow-paced, siesta-driven capital city of Lisbon to the vineyards and volcanoes of the Azores you can pick a perfect mix of activity and relaxation in this diverse country.
Try wine tasting and walking through rural Portugal in the UNESCO World Heritage Douro Valley, or explore the vibrant atmosphere of Porto! Walk through the botanical paradise of Madeira and marvel at the stunning coastal views on offer. Walking, cycling … or just sitting, this is a beautiful country to experience!
- Headwater – Self-Guided Walking the Algarve’s South West
Discover the South-West corner of the Algarve on our self-guided walk following coastal footpaths and inland trails.
- Discover Europe's most southwesterly point at Cabo de Sao Vicente
- Excellent for bird-spotting throughout the year
- Beautiful beaches and picturesque harbours
- Headwater – Porto to Coimbra Cycling
Cycle south from Porto, along the coast to Aveiro, before heading inland to Coimbra, Portugal's old capital.
- Superb varied cycling: riverside and forest routes; beaches and sand dunes; charming cities
- Taste wine in Porto's famous wine cellars and in the superb Bairrada wine region
- Aveiro's Venetian canals; UNESCO-recognised Coimbra
- Headwater – Walking Portugal’s Land’s End, Self-Guided
Explore the Algarve's Lands End with a contrast of inland walks and dramatic coastal paths.
- Walk the Algarve's unspoilt South-West coastline
- Relax in a wonderful mix of hotels, from an historical pension to a rustic ...
- Excellent bird-spotting opportunities throughout the year; carpets of wildflowers
- Portugal: Walking & Wine
A perfect introduction to Porto and the UNESCO Douro wine region
- Discover ancient wine cellars
- Walk through quiet countryside
- Explore vibrant Porto