In the heart of Europe, Germany offers a host of wonderful cities to explore. Experience the highlights of the old East/West divide with a visit to Berlin, and gain an insight in to the remnants of the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie and the wonderfully friendly locals and artistic culture.
Head to Leipzig to visit the infamous Colditz Castle, then onwards to Dresden and Nuremberg to uncover the ‘greatest trial in history’.
Beyond the cities is another side of Germany which you can discover. Why not take a change from the tourist path and cruise through medieval towns on the rivers of the Danube? Take a trip into a real fairytale with a visit to Neuschwanstein Castle.
- Headwater – Highlights of Lake Constance by bike
Explore Austria, Switzerland and Germany by bike on gentle cycling trails around Lake Constance.
- Flat and flexible cycling along beautiful lakeside paths, wildflower fields, vineyards and cherry orchards
- Historical and cultural: Baroque churches, Gothic cathedrals, fairytale palaces, romantic castles
- Postcard-pretty villages, half-timbered, frescoed towns, cafe-lined waterfronts and stunning mountain views
- Bavarian Rivers Walk
Self guided walking following the Jurasteig path along the Altmuhl and Danube rivers.
- Start and finish in UNESCO World Heritage Regensburg.
- Scenic walks following the Altmuhl and Danube rivers
- Fascinating flora and fauna: eagles, hawks, deer, wild boar, flowers
- Headwater – Self-Guided Walking in Southern Bavaria
Enjoy centre-based walking in one of Germany's most picturesque regions
- Centre-based walking in one of Germany's most picturesque regions
- Impressive monasteries, regal palaces, onion-domed churches and pretty frescoed houses
- Friendly, family-run 3-star hotel with steam bath, sauna and Jacuzzis
- Headwater – Lake Constance Self-Guided Cycling
Self-guided cycling around the beautiful Lake Constance.
- Cycle through postcard-pretty villages and stunning mountain views
- Visit Baroque churches, Gothic cathedrals, fairytale palaces, romantic castles
- Swim every day