From the remote snowy mountains and subterranean caves to the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Rila Monastery, Bulgaria has something for walkers, explorers and historians alike!
Rapidly emerging as a developing ski resort there are plenty of opportunities to take part in activities in the mountain regions of the country. Take the time to chat with the locals as you pass through the mountain villages and watch how they have developed their local crafts.
Contact one of our Travel and Experience Consultants to design an adventure just for you.
- Bulgaria: Rodopi Mountains
Spectacular trekking in Bulgaria's mountain landscape
- Stunning mountain landscapes with deep gorges, spectacular caves, ancient forests and flowering meadows
- Unique flora rich in orchids and endemic species
- Outstanding fauna, including brown bear, wallcreeper and an exceptional variety of rare butterflies
- Wild Bulgaria: Winter Walk & Snowshoe
Explore remote winter landscapes of Bulgaria
- Explore remote mountain landscape
- Discover subterranean caves
- Taste delicious local cuisine and wines
- High Peaks of Bulgaria
Ascend Bulgaria's two highest peaks
- Ascend Bulgaria's two highest peaks
- Enjoy the well-preserved flora and fauna of the 'Pirin' and 'Rila' National...
- Visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Bulgaria: Realm of the Brown bear
Brown bear conservation project in the remote Rodopi Mountains
- Become directly involved in a Brown bear conservation project
- Informative daily bear tracking walks
- Two visits to a hide for wild Brown bear observation